fyi, kde-redhat repos now support f15

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:34:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 15:24, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> On 03/03/2011 09:04 AM, José Matos wrote:
>> On Thursday 03 March 2011 14:07:17 Rolf Offermanns wrote:
>>> Hmm...
>>>
>>> I am getting dependency errors this at the moment (F14 system).
>>>
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> It seems that the F14 repo has the wrong packages. :-)
>>
>> So do not update and wait for this to be fixed. :-)
>
> I'm a little baffled, I checked the physical contents of
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/14/
> vs.
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/15/
> and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
>
> the repoview data seems consistent as well,
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/14/i386/testing/repoview/
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/14/x86_64/testing/repoview/
>
> And, it seemed to upgrade and work properly on my own f14/x86_64 box.
>
> so, I'm at a loss here.

This seems to be causing problems again. Yesterday after a couple of
"yum clean all && yum update" it all worked and updates worked. This
morning i ran update again and all the f15 packages are back. Just for
fun i checked all the mirrors to see if any of the mirrors were
different and stumbled upon a repoview showing f15 packages [1]. All
the rest seem to be showing correctly. In addition in the one repo
that shows f15 packages the actual packages seem to be the f14 ones. I
suspect repodata issues in that one mirror. I also don't know how yum
picks the mirror to pull from but that one mirror that's wrong does
seem to be top of the list in the mirrorlist which might explain why
so many people are stumbling on it.

[1] http://mirror.unl.edu/kde-redhat/fedora/14/x86_64/testing/repoview/

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...