KDM oxygen-air theme broken?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Mar 14 20:36:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> I think something got biffed in kde-4.6.1 alright.  I don't recall
> seeing that with 4.6.0
>
> I'll try to look into it when I have more time.

Thanks Rex. This is actually on 4.5.5. I just set the theme using the
"Login Screen" module in System Settings (which shows the correct
theme preview), and apply.

I confirm the change to kdmrc:
chris at shem ~ $ grep -i theme /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc
Theme=/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/oxygen-air
UseTheme=true

The files under /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/oxygen-air/ are
definitely nice and blue.

Log out and the KDM theme is black, which to me looks like the oxygen
theme, not oxygen-air.

Cheers,
Chris