Something wrong with the KDE wireless interface?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:43:20 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 16:00:28 Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 03/22/2011 10:51 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 March 2011 15:46:17 Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> >> Since a couple of updates and weeks ago (F14, don't remember exactly
> >> when, sorry) the KDE wireless applet stopped doing its work.
> >>
> >> When I click on it and choose to connect to my wireless router, it asks
> >> for a passphrase (WPA), and then hangs in "waiting for authorization"
> >> state forever, without connecting.
> >
> > I forgot to mention, the KDE applet should not ask me for the passphrase,
> > it already knows it and should just use it automatically. That's how it
> > worked until a couple of weeks ago.
> >
> > Now it opens the dialog where the proper passphrase is already filled in,
> > and requires me to click on the OK button, after which it hangs in that
> > waiting state.
>
> rpm -q kde-plasma-networkmanagement
> please.

Sure, here goes:

# rpm -q kde-plasma-networkmanagement
kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.35.20110221.fc14.x86_64

As far as yum can tell, it is the latest stable package for F14. :-)

> You may be interested in trying this test update if you don't already
> have it,
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.
> 39.20110314.fc14

Umm, I am somehow reluctant to use test updates before they reach stable. The
nm-applet works around the problem for now, and I'll keep trying the KDE
applet whenever I see any KDE-related update.

The point is that this is my home (production) desktop system, so I don't want
to experiment with packages until they reach stable repo. If this one depends
on some other that is also not stable, I may end up pulling a lot of
dependencies from testing, and I'd like to avoid that if possible. ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko