How to get Color icons to replace the new Monochrome ones...

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Sun Mar 27 01:14:21 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
I had this problem back on Fedora 13 and I found out how to fix it.  BUT, I did a
fresh install of Fedora 14, and I discovered that I never documented the way
that I fixed it.

If this is the wrong list for this, please let me know...

I am running KDE SC 4.6.1 (from the kde-testing repo) and I really do not like
the monochromatic icons that now seem to be the default in the System Tray.  My
question is, Where do I get the color versions of the new monochromatic icons,
and where exactly do I copy them to?

Also, is there a location in my home directory that I could copy them to so that
they would not be wiped out every time the offending (my opinion) icons are
updated?  I think that would be something like
"~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons/"

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick