Annoying minimization

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun May 1 10:46:30 UTC 2011

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> The minimization always occurs if I press the left button
>> on a blank place on the screen for more than a quarter second (or so).
>> But I think it also takes place at various unpredicatable occasions also.
>
> When I play the same action results in the window being dragged.

Could the difference be that the default in my case is a small window?
The window (in my case) is minimized if I just press the left button,
without touching the pointer;
so it seems to be independent of dragging.

As someone (possible you) pointed out,
the window is maximized again if it is moved to the top of the screen,
which makes it less annoying.

But it is probably a good thing to prevent me wasting more time on games.
Incidentally, the KPatience I was playing was Klondike,
in case that is relevant, from kdegames-4.5.5-1.fc13.i686 .
(I'm not sure why it is fc13, as I am running Fedora-14,
and I update every day.)