Dolphin v.s. Nautilus

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 26 06:59:35 UTC 2011

Running a fully updated F15 system.  I did a new install on a second HD
in the system and left the previous install untouched.

When I use GNOME and Nautilus it will detect and display the mountable
partitions on old HD, including those in an LVM.  One click and the
partitions can be mounted.

Dolphin, on the other hand, only shows the old /boot partition and not
the partitions in the LVM.  Also, even though the LVM partitions have
been mounted in /media/UUID fashion they are not displayed in Dolphin on
the left panel.

I could not find any configuration to change the behavior to make it
easier to mount/access the drives in KDE.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Ed