Downgrading kmail

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:17:09 UTC 2011

Colin J Thomson wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> On Wednesday 02 Nov 2011 12:48:30 Anne Wilson wrote:
>> I've given up hope of getting KMail2 working with Fedora 15.  Do I have
>> to remove the whole of kdepim?  I'd just downgrade KMail if that's
>> possible.
>
> Downgrade these:
> kdepim-libs
> kdepim-runtime
> kdepim
> kdepim-runtime-libs
>
> An it will remove grantlee as well
>
> HTH
>
> Colin

I did downgrade using:

sudo yum --disablerepo=fedora-kde47 downgrade kdepim kdepim-libs kdepim-runtime
kdepim-runtime-libs

Start up kmail, and setup dimap with gmail.

It almost works, except 1 (very important!) thing.  I have may imap folders
(mailing lists), and they got updated fine.  But the one most important,
'inbox', only updated up to April 2010.  I tried manually updating, quit/restart
kmail, rebuild imap cache.  No help.  When updating the 'inbox' folder, it shows
hitting 31% complete, then just sits a long time, and eventually goes on to the
next folder.