Downgrading kmail

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:09:31 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 08 Nov 2011 09:16:33 José Matos wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 12:23 AM, Claude Jones wrote:
> > sorry to hear, Anne - I never got it working right and I finally gave up
> > and switched to Thunderbird till things sort out - I'll be interested in
> > the replies
>
> FWIW I am in the same boat. :-)

I did the downgrade, then on Sunday I accidentally upgraded again.  Oddly
enough, most of the issues are not present this time.  I still occasionally
get into the loop of a message being delivered multiple time.  This is always
to an unread message, and the best answer is to close KMail and delete the
duplicates (and read the message) in Thunderbird.  After that, whatever is
causing the problem is stopped and everything is fine again.  The conflict
resolution window occasionally arrives, too and so far I haven't seen any case
where I looked like losing anything important - in fact they look to be from
the same place - maybe duplicate marketing emails?  Anhyway, it's not causing
me any problem.

The freezes and poor responsiveness has gone completely.

I wish I knew what had changed, but I don't, apart from keeping up to date, so
I can't give any specific help.  Since the downgrade is still possible, it
might be worth your while trying again.