Disk space used?

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Nov 9 19:03:55 UTC 2011

Am 09.11.2011 19:52, schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Wednesday 09 Nov 2011 17:16:30 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> cd .thunderbird
>> du -sh *
>>

>> Keep digging down until you find where gigabytes of space are being
>> used. Most likely in ImapMail under your profile directory.
>>
> That fits what I saw in filelight.  It looks as though I set it up for DIMAP -
> which I guess seemed a good idea at the time.  When I look at the server's
> Maildir's size, that would fit too.  Perhaps I should just remove TB, then re-
> set it up without disconnected mode,  I assume that that's possible.

Yep, that is possible. I use thunderbird as SOGo client and my first
step is to disable the offline imap stuff. Go to account settings and
find synchronization & storage (translated from German where it is
called Konten-Einstellung and Synchronisation & Speicherplatz). There
you can disable the sync of all folders.

I don't know why they enable it by default. I don't use the wizard rot
account creation because of this. Even if you disable offline imap the
already downloaded mails are not removed.

Regards

Martin