Disk space used?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 10 07:32:29 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 Nov 2011 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am 09.11.2011 19:52, schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Wednesday 09 Nov 2011 17:16:30 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> >> cd .thunderbird
> >> du -sh *
> >>

> >> Keep digging down until you find where gigabytes of space are being
> >> used. Most likely in ImapMail under your profile directory.
> >
> > That fits what I saw in filelight.  It looks as though I set it up for
> > DIMAP - which I guess seemed a good idea at the time.  When I look at
> > the server's Maildir's size, that would fit too.  Perhaps I should just
> > remove TB, then re- set it up without disconnected mode,  I assume that
> > that's possible.
>
> Yep, that is possible. I use thunderbird as SOGo client and my first
> step is to disable the offline imap stuff. Go to account settings and
> find synchronization & storage (translated from German where it is
> called Konten-Einstellung and Synchronisation & Speicherplatz). There
> you can disable the sync of all folders.
>
> I don't know why they enable it by default. I don't use the wizard rot
> account creation because of this. Even if you disable offline imap the
> already downloaded mails are not removed.
>
>I expected that.  I'm having problems with the laptop atm - it looks as
though the transformer may be dodgy - but when I get that fixed I intend
changing the setting first, then removing all the imap mail.  I assume that
will make it download the headers,as it would on on-line mode, and all should
then be well.

Just at the moment I feel to be fighting everything.  You know how it goes :-)
We all have those periods.