KMail2 under Fedora-16

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Nov 10 12:33:07 UTC 2011

KMail2 ran fine a few times,
after the initial transfer from KMail went through without problems.

But then the error message
"Failed to fetch the resource collection"
came up, and continues to come up whenever I start KMail2.
Of course many people have experienced this,
and I haven't seen any cure proposed.

If I click the OK button on the message, kmail exits at once.
However, I observe that if I just push the message to the bottom of the page
kmail appears to work fine;
I can read all my email, including new messages.
(I'm accessing email on my laptop from an IMAP server on a remote machine.)

However, I cannot post messages;
I get an error message that there is a problem with the mail queue.
(This could be due to the fact that my UID has changed,
user IDs now starting at 1000 in place of 500?
When moving from F-15 to F-16 or back,
I have to start as root, and run "chown -R tim.tim /home/tim",
after which I can logout as root, and login as myself.)

But it seems to me that the error message about resource collection
may just be a hangover from the first failure,
and simply needs to be removed somehow?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net