Skype and Google-Talkplugin don't start, may be audio/video config problem

Mario Storti mario.storti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:40:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 13 November 2011 16:06:47 Mario Storti wrote:
>> The only conflict that I note is that when I start a video on YouTube
>> I can't hear at the sometime music from Amarok for instance. (It's
>> probably useless anyway, but I report this because normally I could to
>> that before all this problem started).
>
> This is *not* proper behavior. Pulseaudio should mix audio signals from all
> sources. You *are* using pulseaudio, right?

Well, I'm very confused with all the audio stuff: ALSA, PulseAudio,
Phonon, etc...

If I go to "System Settings -> Multimedia -> Phonon" I see only one
device "Internal Audio Analog Stereo". I think that that means that
Pulseaudio is OK, right? If I click on `test' I heard correctly the
sound. If I try to configure the audio through Amarok I get the same.

BUT, if I have Amarok running, then I have no sound in Firefox, and
viceversa, if I have Firefox with a video running, then if I launch
Amarok the audio is stopped, and no audio comes from Amarok, only from
Firefox.

Thanks a lot for your time. I think that I'm closer now, if I can get
the audio correctly in the alternate user (mstorti2) then I will
switch all my stuff to it, and I think almost all my problems are
solved.

Regards, Mario

Mario Alberto Storti     [cel. +54-342-5122135]
CIMEC (INTEC/CONICET-UNL)
Predio CONICET-Santa Fe
Colect. Ruta Nac. 168 Km 472, Paraje El Pozo
3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
Tel: +54-342-4511594 (ext 1015), Tel/Fax: +54-342-4511169
Home: +54-342-4550193, e-mail: mario.storti at gmail.com
http://www.cimec.org.ar/mstorti