KAddressBook problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Nov 14 15:58:18 UTC 2011

Jan Simonson wrote:

>> Haven't you found any problems with KMail2 under Fedora-16?
>
> Not so far. On the other hand it's still only on my virtual machine. But
> there I have used it for a couple of group mails and that worked without
> any problems. Then again I haven't migrated any mail and this of course
> was a clean install. Might be different if you upgrade an old install.

My problem is that whenever I start KMail(2) under Fedora-16
I get the error message "Failed to fetch the resource collection."

Many other people have reported this,
but I have seen no method suggested for solving the problem.

My impression is that this may just be a problem
with the error message persisting,
since I can read my email messages (including new messages)
behind the error message.
However, I cannot send messages.

As soon as I click the OK in the error message KMail(2) exits.

If anyone has any suggestion how to cure this problem
I shall be very grateful.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net