KAddressBook problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Nov 15 02:11:07 UTC 2011

Martin Kho wrote:

> Okay, just one more try :-) Did you see the following post [1]?
>
> Hope this helps as a workaround. Guy-kde seems to be working on this bug
> since Jul 10, 2011.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I read all the contributions to that thread,
but the only one with a concrete suggestion was the last, where I read
------------------------------------
I had this error message awhile ago (long enough that my memory is foggy on
exact error message) and I believe the issue was with the local folders
setup. Deleting the resource fixed the issue I believe. Note please be
careful before removing this resource from akonadi, I'm not sure what data
will be lost! I did it when I had no data in the folders.
------------------------------------

Unfortunately I have no idea how to "delete the resource".
In fact I have no idea what an akonadi resource is, or where it lives.
Nor do I know what "local folders" are.

I think in cases like this it always helps
if people post the exact command they gave to solve the problem,
or the exact application they used if that is more relevant.
Abstract advice like the above is useless to ignorami like me.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net