Downgrading kmail

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Nov 15 06:30:01 UTC 2011

On Monday, November 14, 2011 09:09:49 AM Anne Wilson wrote:
> Hi Martin.  I tried that, getting lots of conflict
> messages.  The more I  tried to cure the problem, the worse it
> got.  I ended up completely re- installing.  A pain, but
> discretion is the better part of valour   Or, "when you are in
> a deep hole, stop digging!"

I preupgraded this machine to F16 on Sat-Sun. It went surprisingly
well. KMail continued to exhibit some flakiness after that, but it
was much improved. I've been slowly working through various
issues, and it's getting better and better (knock on wood). The
random changing of message-counts in various folders has finally
stopped. It's getting faster and faster as I go along. I'm typing
this message in KMail as a matter of fact. The "Blue bubbles
mesage screen in lieu of a list of a list of messages, has
appeared less and less - parenthetically, one folder that is still
seemingly unable to display is my "Sent-mail" folder - it shows
the bubbles screen with the "Retrieving folder contents - please
wait" message. Otherwise, KMail is getting back to its former
responsiveness - my junk mail filters are working well, clicking
through messages rapidly no longer crashes it, and most folder
promptly pop the list of messages in the view pane... We'll see.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA