Skype and Google-Talkplugin don't start, may be audio/video config problem

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Nov 15 12:13:00 UTC 2011

Kevin Kofler ha scritto:
> That crappy proprietary software still doesn't understand what
> "64-bit" means, and you need the above 32-bit multilibs for them to
> actually work with PulseAudio.

I'm using free software since more than 13 years, and I'm still amazed.

Why software created by good will amateurs loosely connected around the
world provides a quality some orders of magnitude better than software
produced by payed professionals in companies which are supposed to make
money selling it, and being punished by market if the quality isn't
adequate?

In all those years the headaches I got from proprietary software which
sometimes one is forced to use for lack of alternatives, make negligible
even the headaches I got from KDE, which is doing its best to provide
them at each new release ;)

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)