Preupgrade results in inability to start x

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Nov 16 17:49:57 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 12:18 PM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> Can you tell if you are running kdm or gdm?
>
> ps ax|grep kdm
>
> ps ax|grep gdm

I can't cut and paste right now, so this is truncated, but if you want
me to get more details from any specific line, I can:

ps ax|grep kdm
2173	tty2	St	0:00 grep --color=auto kdm

ps ax|grep gdm
1131?		Ss1 	0:00	/usr/sbw/gdm-binary -nodaemon
1226?		S1	0:00	/usr/libexec/gdm-simple-slave
1269	tty1	Sst	0:02
1524?		S1	0:00
2175	tty2	St

all those lines in the second group after the second had long file
location strings like the first two, but much longer - if they are
needed I can copy them over

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA