kde-freezes while large USB copy

Richard Heck rgheck at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 02:38:16 UTC 2011

On 11/19/2011 11:16 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 19.11.2011 17:09, schrieb Martin Kho:
>> On Saturday 19 November 2011 08:00:43 Tayfun Kayhan wrote:
>>> +1 ! Mine is sometimes completely frozen and nothing can come it back :/ But
>>> mostly, openning System Activity with Ctrl + Esc is fixin it, as a
>>> workaround.
>> On the test list there was a threat with a comparable issue, see [1]. May be
>> it's the same as what you see.
>>
>> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-November/104368.html
> i can not say this in general
>
> only if the I/O goes to USB2 or USB3 while the last seems
> to have a kernel-bug with my controller and tends to damage
> filesystmes and lsoe connection but thats off-topic

I've seen something like this, too, but am not sure if it is KDE-related
or controller related. But trying to copy lots of data to a USB2 stick
here is very, very slow. It works at first just fine, but then slows
down as things proceed. Copying, say, 4GB can take 2-3 hours. I guess I
should at least try it under another WM.

Richard