Freshclam problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:16:52 UTC 2011

On Monday 21 November 2011 19:52:37 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Am 21.11.2011 20:45, schrieb Anne Wilson:

> >> Sorry I was not precise: check ACL of the log files.
> >
> > You mean
> >
> > ls -l  /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
> > -rw-r--r--+ 1 clamav clamav 0 Nov 13 03:34 /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
> > ?
>
> Not entirely. Check ACL (getfacl or similar program). The + sign
> indicates that there is an aditional ACL set for this file. At least my
> log files does not have extra ACLs set.

If this means what I think it means, it explains the problem -

getfacl /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
# file: var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
# owner: clamav
# group: clamav
user::rw-
user:anne:rwx                   #effective:r--
group::rw-                      #effective:r--
mask::r--
other::r--

> Try to remove the file as well (or move it to another place).

If it's running as anne, is there any reason why the logfile can't be in anne's
tree?

> and run 'lsof | grep freshclam' to see if any other program is locking
> the file.

Nothing there.