Freshclam problems

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Nov 21 20:33:33 UTC 2011

Am 21.11.2011 21:16, schrieb Anne Wilson:
[...]
>>> You mean
>>>
>>> ls -l  /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
>>> -rw-r--r--+ 1 clamav clamav 0 Nov 13 03:34 /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
>>> ?
>>
>> Not entirely. Check ACL (getfacl or similar program). The + sign
>> indicates that there is an aditional ACL set for this file. At least my
>> log files does not have extra ACLs set.
>>
> If this means what I think it means, it explains the problem -
>
> getfacl /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file: var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
> # owner: clamav
> # group: clamav
> user::rw-
> user:anne:rwx                   #effective:r--
> group::rw-                      #effective:r--
> mask::r--
> other::r--

As the mask is set to read-only all extra users and groups are set to
read only as well. The owner should be able to write to the file.

>> Try to remove the file as well (or move it to another place).
>>
> If it's running as anne, is there any reason why the logfile can't be in anne's
> tree?

Sorry I don't know what you mean by this. Which tree?

>> and run 'lsof | grep freshclam' to see if any other program is locking
>> the file.
>>
> Nothing there.

So it is only a permission problem. clean all ACLs from the log file and
all should be OK (setfacl -b).

Martin