Downgrading kmail

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 01:19:32 UTC 2011

On 11/26/2011 05:29 AM, Claude Jones wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 04:42 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> The problem is that KMail has some features that I rely on, and TBird doesn't
>> have them.  In particular I miss the ability to associate an identity with a
>> folder (essential for mailing list handling:  I got many moderation messages
>> when using TBird) and the much better handling of expiry of messages.

You can do that with 'Message filters' and without using any extensions.
Newer versions of Thunderbird (the one which comes with F16) have a
'match all messges' filter so that for any account, you create such a
filter to move all matching messages to the desired folder.
In older versions of thunderbird, you create a hack filter like "subject
does not contain *#*#4765214" so that it will match practically all
messages.

Syam