Downgrading KDEPIM

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sun Nov 27 19:48:08 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 06:16 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I don't think KMail2 was ready for the real world,
> and was rushed out just to get it into the new Fedora distribution.
> I hope there will be a little more care next time round.

??? :-)
KMail 2 was included in kde (software compilation?) 4.7

So the only option to not have included would have been to stay with 4.6
until kmail2 is ready.

That the kmail2 has been a disappointment upstream that is another issue
but that is unrelated with Fedora kde team. I have changed from kmail2
to thunderbird because it does not send email from one of my major
accounts so I can understand your frustration or at least I am
frustrated with the transition that has been delayed since the 4.0
release (IMHO a text book case of how not to develop software :-( ).

Just my 2 ¢ (Euro cents) for this thread.

--
José Matos