Downgrading KDEPIM

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 01:37:42 UTC 2011

On Sun November 27 2011 10:41:59 AM David wrote:
> > Ok. I tried just doing a "yum downgrade" for KDEPIM and KDEPIM-LIBS and
> > that didn't work for me. It was buggy as hell and I don't think it gave
> > me the same version of KMail as I had on Fedora 15. I am seriously
> > thinking about downgrading my whole install as F16 seems buggy as hell!
>
> "F16 seems buggy as hell!"? Do you *really* mean Fedora 16? Or the KDE
> *that comes with* Fedora 16? There is a difference?  :-)

Both, actually. I'm having problems with my screen resolution -- it won't go
beyond 1024x768, when under Fedora 15, it was 1280x1024 on the same exact
hardware, XFCE is screwed up - if I open a console window, it sticks itself in
the upper-left corner, although I did have that problem under F15 as well. Not
to mention KMail 2 has some serious differences in the way it's set up from the
"old" KMail.

So, yeah... Fedora 16 is messed up, IMNSHO.