Kmail2 quite usable.

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 09:43:26 UTC 2011

On Wed November 30 2011 1:22:53 AM Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I too have had - and still have - various non-fatal problems
> with KMail2, and am continuing to use it.
> As they used to say, "Close, but no cigar".
>
> I've got a new minor problem, and I'm interested to know
> if anyone else has it.
> I'm using KMail2 on my laptop exclusively with IMAP/dovecot
> on a local server; and with Fedora-16/KMail2 on the laptop
> I get a frequent message on the laptop that
> contact with the server has been lost.
> This doesn't seem to have any adverse effect;
> I still seem get new email and am able to read it.
>
> Another minor symptom: I sometimes get the message "Please wait"
> (or something to that effect) and the message screen is hidden.
> I find I have to logout or re-boot, after which the emails appear.

What I do, when this happens, is I close KMail and then in a console window, I
run "sudo pkill imap" about a half-dozen times followed by "sudo pkill pop3" a
half-dozen times, then "sudo pkill kmail" a half-dozen times then "akonadictl
stop" two or three times until I get the message that Akonadi is not running.
Then I am able to start KMail back up and all is good with the world for
awhile (anywhere from a few hours to a few days.)