control konsole size

fedora-kde at dadommas.de fedora-kde at dadommas.de
Fri Oct 7 19:47:14 UTC 2011

You can make a special KWin-rule:
right-click the titlebar of any window -> "Configure Window Behaviour" ->
"Window Rules" -> "New..." -> "Detect Window Properties" -> now click on an
open konsole window
Now change the rule: in the tab "Size & Position" check "Size", change the
combobox next to it to "Apply Initally". The size that is filled in is the
current size of the konsole-window that you clicked on, so resize it to your
liking before clicking it and you won't need to change the size manually in
the rule.

Mind I am using 4.7.1 atm, so the items might be named differently on your
system but I think you'll find your way all the same, the idea stays the same.

Oh and if you have problems: you might want to make sure you uncheck "save
window size and position on exit" in Konsole under "Settings" -> "Configure
Current Profile"

Hope that helps,

Thomas