KDE Menu Editor - how to choose desktop?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Oct 18 14:35:54 UTC 2011

I use the KDE menu editor to create little applications
to login to various remote machines.

For example, I have an application entitled "alfred login"
in my Favourites, and when I click on this
"ssh alfred-vpn" is run to open an ssh session
on the remote machine "alfred".

This works fine, and by right-clicking on the top of the window
and going to Advanced=>Special Window Settings=>Desktop
I can try to force the session to open in Desktop 4, say.

But I find this does not always work
(or maybe has stopped working properly?)
so I was wondering if there is some switch one can give
to the ssh command to specify a desktop to open?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net