Apper

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 08:50:00 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 October 2011 22:48:14 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2011 15:37:33 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 10/21/2011 03:29 PM, Martin Kho wrote:
> > > Yes, it looks and works realy good, but I have one issue. I've set
> > > the
> > > Check for updates interval to 'hourly'. In the apper config file I
> > > see:
> > >
> > > [CheckUpdate]
> > > interval=3600
> > >
> > > Looks good, but the 'real' interval is ~4 minutes.
> >
> > What evidence do you have that it's checking every 4 minutes (ie, how
> > can I test and reproduce that)? :)
>
> Hi Rex,
>
> I changed the setting in Settings (was Daily at update time). Wait a while
> and have top running in konsole. Keep an eye on the clock :-)
>
> Martin Kho
> Btw: I've apper-0.7.1-0.2.20111020.fc16.x86_64

Hi,

I've seen another issue. Today there were a lot of updates, two of them
couldn't be installed (sssd [-client] had dependancy problems). At the end of
the update a reboot was necessary (the reboot icon appeared with a list of
packages). After closing the apper-window there was still the update icon
(sssd and friend) and een 'invisable' icon. Clicking on the 'invisable' icon
showed a little box with the name 'Apper' in it, the tool tip said that no
reboot was necessary, the reboot icon was gone.

Any one else have seen this?

Martin Kho