Apper

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 09:43:20 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 Oct 2011 21:48:14 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2011 15:37:33 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 10/21/2011 03:29 PM, Martin Kho wrote:
> > > Yes, it looks and works realy good, but I have one issue. I've set the
> > > Check for updates interval to 'hourly'. In the apper config file I see:
> > >
> > > [CheckUpdate]
> > > interval=3600
> > >
> > > Looks good, but the 'real' interval is ~4 minutes.
> >
> > What evidence do you have that it's checking every 4 minutes (ie, how
> > can I test and reproduce that)? :)

> I changed the setting in Settings (was Daily at update time). Wait a while
> and have top running in konsole. Keep an eye on the clock :-)

I don't think I'm seeing this but checked in a different way ;-)

I went to system settings > Software Management and selected the update Icon
and was told the last check was 58 mins ago I then exited System Settings.

[.....]

OK.. just done the same check after waiting a short while and was told the
last check was 1 min 33 seconds ago.

I'll keep an eye on this throughout the day.

FYI this is on F15

Colin
--
Fedora 15 (Lovelock)