F15: subversion 1.7 / kdesvn

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 26 08:50:10 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald wrote:
> but with subversion 1.7 the format in teh working directory
> is changed  and the kde-kontextmenu will no longer offer
> display of history and missing some other entries
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#wc-ng

The release notes also say that working copies need to be manually upgraded
with a conversion command. This strikes me as not being suitable for an update
to an existing release (and this includes F16 now, as we've passed the final
change deadline) at all. (The conversion also makes the working copies
incompatible with older releases of Subversion, which totally sucks for users
of shared home directories, but we can't do anything about that. :-( )

I also think this change might also require changes in various SVN GUI
frontends, not just kdesvn.

        Kevin Kofler