kaddressbook in F16

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Thu Oct 27 18:37:20 UTC 2011

torsdag 27 oktober 2011 skrev Rex Dieter:
> Martin Kho wrote:
> >>
> >> If this is reproducible for everyone, yes (but somebody has to file the
> >> bug for it to be considered for blocker status!).
> >
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > Huh? Peter opened bz#742367 (see his original post, Oct. 16). I've opened
> > #739659 September 19.
>
> OK, nominated via,
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/749618
>
> test update,
> http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kdepimlibs-4.7.2-2.fc16

Hello Rex,

Ever since F16 Alfa became available I have been trying it out on a virtual
machine. I have focused on kdepim with special attention to kmail/kaddressbook
as I'm hoping to resolve my longstanding problems with using them for several
maillists with many hundred addresses that I'm administering.

However, kaddressbook in F16 has crashed as soon as I have tried to add a new
contact. I have tried with different settings for akonadi to no avail. I have
followed the discussions on this list, which has been surprisingly quiet on this
topic.

Today I tried kdepimlibs-4.7.2-2.fc16 from
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates and suddenly it works! I even made a
small group and tried to use it in kmail. That also works! It's not been
possible since kaddressbook went akonadi.

Thank you very much for your effort!
Jan
--
Jan Simonson