CPU hogs on F16

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Oct 28 19:32:37 UTC 2011

I am not sure if this is related with kde but since I am now seeing this
I thought that it was better to report it here.

1) I get PackageKit running full speed with a call like this:

/usr/bin/python /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py
get-packages unknown

Sometimes this is making the system to crawl due to disk access. I am
asking it in the case this is related with apper. (I have no reason to
suspect so but since it only showed up after apper appearance.)

2) With nepomuk active everytime on startup strigi wants to index some
files every time. After login, nepomuk remembers the option from last
run to suspend strigi but after sometime it ignores it and it goes
again. FWIW I have left it run until the end several times but after
inspecting the same static files over and over again it gets
frustrating. :-)

Other than these two nags f16 has been working perfectly to me (I will
ignore kmail2 for my own sanity for this report).

Regards,

--
José Matos