Digikam 2 for Fedora 14?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 9 23:43:08 UTC 2011

Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
> Is there a chance for Digikam 2 being build for Fedora 14?

The problem is that Digikam 2.x (there's 2.1.0 out now) requires versions of
the kdegraphics libs which are only in 4.7.x, not 4.6.x. Obviously, we have
no plans to upgrade Fedora 14 to KDE SC 4.7 (we even decided against pushing
4.7 to Fedora 15). Digikam 2.x does ship bundled copies of those libraries
(the infamous "Digikam SC"), but in Fedora, bundled libraries are not
allowed by policy (and I also personally find it less than helpful to have 2
versions of those libraries around).

I am planning to backport the new kdegraphics libraries for Fedora 15 so we
can upgrade Digikam (but I will have to convince Rex and others before doing
it, I don't want to do this over their heads), but for Fedora 14, I'm not so
sure, considering that it's nearing its end of life.

So I have to say, probably not, sorry. :-(

        Kevin Kofler