KMail2, KDE 4.7.1 and Fedora 15

Anne Wilson anne at lydgate.org
Fri Sep 23 15:56:43 UTC 2011

Thanks for the work on 4.7.1.  Sadly I have to report that for me KMail2
is still unusable.  I had a lot of problem with conflict reports, some
of which would accept a reply, but by about the third report would cause
a freeze.

I seem to have got past that, for the moment, but am suffering from the
known problem of multiple copies of messages.  Last night it went mad -
one message climbed quickly to 60 copies before I killed KMail.

It's also proved rather unstable.  Once something has upset it, it has
crashed over and over, usually before I can get to whatever it was that
it disliked.  I've had to resort to trying to spot its problem, then
tackle it (usually by deleting unwanted copies of messages) in Thunderbird.

I'll persevere for a day or two, but I may have to revert in the end.