Konsole: You need to be root to perform this command

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Sep 28 15:55:33 UTC 2011

Maybe it has nothing to do with your problem, but I've had a hell of
similar problems whenever a dhcp server assigns a hostname which is
different from the hostname KDE came up with when I logged in. I'm
colla at localhost at startup, then I get connected to a network whose DHCP
server renames my host machine to user-5, I become colla at user-5 and no
KDE application can be started anymore. Need to logout and login again,
with my new name.
Hope that it helps,

Giuliano