KAddressBook on a server?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 3 02:39:46 UTC 2012

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> 3. I like the sound of kolab, but was slightly surprised that
> there doesn't seem to be a Fedora RPM, since as far as I can see
> it is a KDE program.

There have been a few attempts at packaging the Kolab server, but so far
none succeeded due to Kolab bundling a lot of stuff.

As for the "Kolab client", it's basically the same thing as Kontact, which
we already ship in kdepim. (And yes, the latest Kolab client is also the
Akonadi-based Kontact, though they do have a branch based on the old pre-
Akonadi Kontact and even a KDE 3 branch too, which are maintained to some
extent, for their enterprise customers.)

        Kevin Kofler