KRecipes needs a new maintainer

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 3 01:21:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

is anybody here interested in KRecipes? The krecipes Fedora package has been
orphaned by its previous maintainer, Dennis Gilmore, who hadn't used it for
years. The package in Fedora is still the old kdelibs3 version, but there's
a KDE Platform 4 port from upstream now (now in beta, but the KDE 3 version
we have is also a beta). We ship 1.0 beta 2 (and there were no newer
kdelibs3 versions, it never reached final), there have been 6 2.0 alphas,
and the current release is now 2.0 beta 2 (and there seems to be recent
upstream activity now, they moved the SCM to git and did some commits to it
in the last few days).

Please note that parts of the specfile will need to be rewritten for the new
kdelibs4-based version.

        Kevin Kofler