Weird Konsole font issue

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:50:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Me either.  unfortunate, if true, as it makes testing harder.
>>>
>>> -- rex

>> Thanks for all of the responses - I didn't realize there were so many
>> issues with the Infinality patches - I'll remove them and see if that
>> clears up my issues.
>>
>> Thanks everyone,
>>
>> --
>> -jayson
>
> Also, I'm assuming I can just uninstall the packages (Infinality), or
> are there any configs I need to purge as well? I realize this has
> gotten off-topic now :-)
>
> --
> -jayson

Well, testing out on my work machine (which wasn't exhibiting the
issue), I can say after uninstalling the Infinality patches,
installing freetype-freeworld and setting up my subpixel rendering w/
slight hinting in KDE font settings, my fonts now look *better* than
they did with Infinality. Hopefully this will fix the issue at home.
Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.

Live and learn :)

--
-jayson