Qwt 6

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:18:04 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 10:18 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Looks like rhel5's qt4-4.2.x is too old to work with qwt v6 (qmath.h
> isn't available, for example)

Oh.. I forgot to mention that we have Qt 4.5 installed.
With some help from Than Ngo, I had build Qt 4.5 RPMs and replaced the
version shipped with RHEL. We even re-mastered a DVD for easy installation.

> this is as far as I got,
> http://rdieter.fedorapeople.org/rpms/qwt/qwt-el5-6.0.1-2.src.rpm
>
> if you happen to have a newer qt4 available locally, it may work.

I see that you've now added a BuildRoot. I had tried it but without any
improvement. I set it to the same value as $RPM_BUILD_ROOT, but I got
the same errors.

And is that change from _qt4_qmake to just qmake (after setting the
path) necessary? It seemed to work fine without this.

Anyway, I'll try to build it at home on a virtual machine and let you know.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Syam