Request for review - new desktop groups

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 17 21:59:34 UTC 2012

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> As part of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ReworkPackageGroups,
> I've been working on redoing some of the groups that make up installation
> choices in anaconda. The idea is to offer a simpler interface, where the
> user simply selects which environment they want to run in, plus options
> for that environment.

So my suggestion, based also on today's discussion on IRC (about matching
the current KDE branding and release practices, which are moving more and
more away from the old software compilation) is to have:

toplevel group: KDE Plasma Desktop
  contains basically only kde-workspace

options (subgroups): a kde-* version of each desktop app group, e.g.
kde-internet-apps etc.

Some of the options would be enabled by default, some not.

        Kevin Kofler