Kmail keep being stuck "Retrieving Folder Content"

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Jan 5 17:20:54 UTC 2012

Armelius Cameron wrote:

> No, kmail still responding e.g. when I clicked around different folders,
> the message windows just keep showing "Retrieving Folder Contents."
>
> Apparently this happens when there is IMAP folders with large numbers of
> messages (e.g. order of thousands).

As a matter of interest, is this any large folders,
or just those with new messages?
I moved most of my inbox to another folder,
and that seemed to stop KMail being stuck in this way.

I've often wondered - and asked here - how I can archive large folders
(eg email from 8 years ago),
in such a way that they could be retrieved and read by KMail
reasonably easily, but are removed from KMail's list of folders?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net