Kmail 2 attachments - not able to view

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 22:42:02 UTC 2012

On Friday 06 Jan 2012 22:21:48 Colin J Thomson wrote:

> I cannot see attachments (IE jpegs) with the current updates of kde/Kmail2
> which is *vital* for me here.
> They are shown in the body of the message as raw data.
>
> I have a feeling it is something to do with the filters as I just looked at
> a message I just sent myself as a test in the sent-mail folder and the
> attachment (jpeg) is fine, the received test message was not.
>
> Can anyone confirm with the latest updates of 4.8-RC2 (4.7.97) before I go
> trawling kde.bugs again.

OK, it is a problem with the filters the Spam filtering. I have just tested by
removing my original spam filters and the attachments (any type) are fine.

I just ran some tests by setting up spam filtering again, first with spambayes
and then bogo and with Emails that go via the spam filter any attachments are
shown as raw data in the email body.

Temp fix - disable the spam filters for the time being, off to kde.bugs we go
:)

Colin
--
Fedora release 16 (Verne)