Disable Printer Applet?

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:52:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Ben <cricketc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Fedora 16 - KDE 4.7.4. On login, the Printer Applet always
> starts, and I'd like to disable it. Is there a way to do that without
> un-installing kdeutils-printer-applet?

Copy /usr/share/autostart/printer-applet.desktop to
$HOME/.kde/Autostart and add Hidden=true to the bottom, e.g. on a
terminal:
cp /usr/share/autostart/printer-applet.desktop ~/.kde/Autostart/
echo 'Hidden=true' >> ~/.kde/Autostart/printer-applet.desktop

Identically named files in your personal autostart directory override
those in the systemwide directories, and adding "Hidden=true" disables
it from autostarting.  This way you can disable it without removing
the package or affecting other users on your system.

-T.C.