kslideshow screensaver transitions slow in f16

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Jan 16 06:24:50 UTC 2012

I recently upgraded from f14 to f16. Some of the kslideshow transitions
are now painfully slow, especially ones where one pictures fades into
another. These were fine on f14. Any idea what would cause this?

I removed the configuration file ~/.kde/share/config/kslideshow.kssrc
and re-entered my configuration (after logout/in) and it didnt' help.

Otherwise, graphically, the system seems fine.

(Seems like I remember seeing this same problem many KDE versions back
it it eventually went away.)

-gene