[f16] Screen goes blank [due to loss of video?]

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Sat Jan 21 03:50:36 UTC 2012

Since moving to f16 (from f14) sometimes my screen goes blanks for no
apparent reason. KDE power setting and screen saver settings seem OK.
Also, it doesn't happen on every KDE login but when it does its like the
computer has turned off and there is no video signal and the monitor
goes to sleep until I move the mouse or press a key. Then monitor might
only stays on a few seconds until it goes off again.

Sometimes logging off and back on fixes it. Today it seems to be OK. Not
sure if this is h/w or s/w caused.

-gene