KMail problems (continued)

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jan 28 13:58:18 UTC 2012

KMail on my Fedora-16 laptop still has several problems,
when used with email on my CentOS-6.2 server.

1. The Tools=>Find Messages facility seems to be failing completely.
(As far as I can see it has been getting worse, not better.)
I cannot get any response,
eg when searching for "the" in 2000 messages ...

Is there some trick I'm overlooking?
Or is some plugin or additional program required?

2. It seems to be impossible to create a new top-level folder,
under a specific account.

3. The whole folder arrangement seems to have got screwed up
after moving from KMail to KMail2.
Eg the Search folder seems to have a whole collection of subfolders.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net