Digital clock widget

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:42:42 UTC 2012

On Monday 30 January 2012 09:01:25 Emmett Culley wrote:
> I have configured Kontact with a default calendar with no entries, yet there
> are still holidays in the calendar popup.  Where are they defined.

You can define your local settings in

systemsettings -> Locale -> Country/region&language -> Country

Choose the country where you live, and the calendar will display holidays
local for that country. You can select "no country" in there, which probably
doesn't have any holidays defined. Note that you may need to restart the
digital clock widget or logout of KDE and log back in, if this is to work
(clicking "apply" doesn't seem to be enough).

Come to think of it, maybe the "Display events" option also requires a restart
of the widget.

> Plus (or minus) the configuration dialog has a "Holidays" section that does
> not work.  How can I find out where that calendar get its data?

The master settings is in the systemsettings locale, as above. I don't know
where (on the disk) is the actual data. Also, I haven't tried the "holidays"
section in the widget configuration.

> What does the "Display Events" check box control?

I would expect it to do what it says, but possibly you need to restart the
widget for it to take effect (haven't tried it myself though).

HTH, :-)
Marko