KMail2

Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave at nic.cl
Tue Jan 31 13:24:40 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 12:53:41 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is anybody using KMail2, or has everyone given up on it?

Sadly... I'm still using it :-\

> I've asked several questions about it,
> eg I cannot create top-level folders,
> there are curious sub-folders created when migrating from KMail,
> the Tools=>Find Messages facility does not seem to work.
>
> I just wondered if the reason I haven't had any responses
> is that everyone has gone back to the previous version of KMail?

The find message works at least for me. Not as fast as I want, but it works.

The sub-folders thing happened to me also, but once I gave up with the
migration I just started to do the config process all over again.

Right now, besides the infamous and dissapointing issue with the latency to
load imap folders (it's very frustating to move to one folder and wait for
minutes to just see what's new in it) I'm experiencing shortcuts problems. ie,
using the next unread message or move to next/previous message shortcuts works
only 1 out of 5 times.

I have been using kontact and kmail for the last 10~12 years with the former
RedHat and now Fedora, and this is the first time that i'm considering to leave
it for thunderbird.

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                 User #188365 counter.li.org
DNS Admin NIC Chile                             mave [@] nic [.] cl