Fedora 18, lose wireless WEP connection, cannot enter passphrase when prompted.

Victor B. Gonzalez fedoraproject at vbgunz.com
Wed Jul 4 03:31:19 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, July 03, 2012 02:30:26 PM Rex Dieter wrote:
> Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
> > This request from secrets locks me out completely and is annoying because
> > the only way I know how to solve it, is to reboot. Fedora is completely up
> > to date using KDE 4.8.4. I'm not sure what to do *but* I am convinced the
> > problem is in the network manager.
>
> what wireless chipset?  (I'd bet $$ that it's a driver problem)
>
> -- rex

I bet $$ it's a network manager problem or we're at a stalemate. I think it's
NM because, every time a reconnection occurs I get a "Secrets for Access Point
- KDE Daemon" dialog box  *but* I can't enter a password into this box.

Checking show password or not, nothing I type is entered and every time, I hit
enter, I'll get the prompt again, and again, and again. I don't see what the
driver has to do with this except maybe start the disconnect :(

--
Best Regards
Victor B. Gonzalez