FYI: virtuoso-opensource

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Sat Jul 7 13:48:58 UTC 2012

Good day all,

Since updating to KDE 4.8.95 I noticed that nepomuk searching had stopped
working, since nepomuk has always been something I've only played with and
never really relied upon I never mentioned it.

However I have now got it working again by downgrading virtuoso-opensource
from virtuoso-opensource-6.1.5-2  to virtuoso-opensource-6.1.4-4

download the 6.1.4 version from koji at

get virtuoso-opensource and virtuoso-opensource-apps, and then
yum downgrade /path/to/virtuoso-*.rpm

there are no dependencies to worry about either

then disable/enable desktop search and virtuoso should reindex and then
dolphin and krunner should now find your indexed documents.

Martin