Kde Startup delays for 10 - 20 seconds with nepomuk enabled

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Jul 8 20:11:30 UTC 2012

Hallo

If I enable nepomuk I have up to 20 seconds delay after the splash sceen
vanishes. The Desktop shows up as normal and I plasma reacts almost
normal but no action takes place. The startup sound sequence is delayed
for the same time.

All mouse actions are cached, so after about 20 seconds the startup
sound plays and the actions are executed (konsole starts,
firefox/thunderbird start ...).

If I disable nepomuk the I can use the desktop as soon as the desktop is
shown.

Anyone seeing this as well? Any hints or solutions?

Regards
Martin